Mussel Man Pasta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We don't have to shell out a lot of cash for mussels at the fish counter! This easy recipe that has them swimming in a flavorful garlicky sauce and served over a bed of linguine will make you feel like a restaurant chef without breaking the bank!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds fresh mussels, cleaned (see Tip)
- 1 pound linguine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
What to Do
- In a large soup pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the wine, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and mussels. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat, or just until the mussels open. Do not overcook; discard any mussels that do not open on their own.
- Meanwhile, cook the linguine according to the package directions; drain.
- Spoon the mussels and sauce over the linguine. Top with the chopped basil and serve.
Some fish markets sell mussels already cleaned and ready for cooking. If you buy mussels that aren't prepared, here's what to do: Wash them under cold running water and scrub away any grit or barnacles with a stiff food scrub brush. Remove the black "beard" from each mussel by cutting or pulling it off.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!