Mussels Steamed in Wine
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
I love how the rich, butter sauce coats these fresh mussels. In fact, I always serve this recipe with plenty of French bread so I can sop up every drop of the sauce!
What You'll Need
- 5 dozen fresh mussels
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
What to Do
- Remove beards from mussels, and scrub shells with a brush. Discard opened, cracked, or heavy mussels (they're filled with sand). Keep mussels chilled.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and next 4 ingredients; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour in wine, and bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat 15 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about 3/4 cup.
- Add mussels; cover and steam 4 minutes or until mussels open, shaking Dutch oven several times. Remove from heat; transfer mussels to a serving dish with a slotted spoon, discarding any unopened mussels. Set mussels aside, and keep warm.
- Place Dutch oven over medium-high heat until hot; stir in lemon juice. Remove from heat; whisk in 3 tablespoons butter. Pour over mussels, and serve immediately.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Crowd-Pleasing Brisket doesn't require a ton of fuss. There's no seasoning rub or long hours in a smoker required. Plus, since it's made with our own easy throw-together sauce, you better believe the flavors are bold!This melt-in-your-mouth brisket recipe is the perfect meal for any holiday, get-together, or anytime you feel like treating yourself. It's so easy and so flavorful, the crowd will think you worked all day!