My Mother-in-Law's Paella
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Paella is a typical Spanish dish that's bursting with flavor, and this recipe, sent to us by Naylet in Miami, is no exception. Smoky chorizo sausage and flavorful paprika make this recipe so good, we understand why she said to us, "My Mother-In-Law's Paella is the most delicious paella!"
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound chorizo sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup chicken broth, plus more as needed
- 2 1/4 cups frozen pepper and onion blend
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 pound frozen shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails removed, thawed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 8 cups yellow rice or long-grain white rice, cooked according to package directions
What to Do
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat, heat olive oil. Add sausage; cook until browned on both sides. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet, add 1 cup broth; bring to a simmer. Add pepper and onion blend and peas. Cook 4 to 6 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp; cook 2 to 4 minutes, or until pink. Stir in paprika, salt, rice, and cooked sausage to skillet. Reduce heat to medium; add additional chicken broth, as needed, to achieve desired consistency. Cook until heated through; serve immediately.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potatoes aren't the only vegetable worth mashing! Actually, Mashed and Smashed Cauliflower makes a great alternative for when you want a change of pace from the typical potato side dish. These "cauliflower mashed potatoes" have a nice creamy taste and they're nutritious too!