Pepped Up Oysters
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 dozen
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
With these luxurious, but simple flavors, we can't go wrong. The delectable oysters will have everyone thinking you're a fancy schmancy chef.
What You'll Need
- 12 oysters on the half shell
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to broil. Place oysters on a baking sheet; set aside.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallions and saute until tender. Add breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, and red pepper, stirring well. Spoon breadcrumb mixture over oysters.
- Broil 5-1/2 inches from heat 2 minutes or until golden. Serve immediately.
To shuck or open an oyster, hold the oyster, flat side up, firmly against a cutting board. Insert an oyster knife tip between the shells near the hinge. Twist the blade, and push it into the opening, prying the oyster open. Move the blade along the inside of the upper shell to free the muscle. Discard the top shell of the oyster and any bits of shell. Voila! You've got oysters on the half shell.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone wants to feel a little special during the holiday. An easy--and tasty--way to do that is to shake up Christmas dinner with our Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens! Once you roast up these tender hens, you can serve everyone their own perfectly-sized main dish! It'll be the juiciest and most flavorful Christmas dinner the family has ever had.