Plantation Shrimp Cocktail
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Look at the docks off Georgia or the Carolinas and you'll see lots of shrimping boats. What better way to serve up all that luscious shrimp than in a shrimp cocktail where the shrimp has cooked in cocktail sauce with veggies. Mmm!
What You'll Need
- 8 cups water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 1 (12-ounce) jar cocktail sauce
What to Do
- In a large pot, bring the water, onion, and celery to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the shrimp turn pink; drain.
- Return the shrimp and vegetables to the pot, add the cocktail sauce, and cook over medium heat for 2 to 4 minutes, or until heated through.
- Transfer to a bowl and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Serve on iceberg lettuce leaves to create a bowl that's both colorful and edible. It's a perfect appetizer or even a light dinner.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for a crowd pleaser, look no further than our all-time favorite Chocolate Chip Cheesecake. The creamy filling between two layers of chocolate chip cookie dough make this a heavenly treat that no one can resist. Don't be surprised when they reach for two of these chocolate chip cheesecake bars!