We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mr. Food's recipe for Popcorn Shrimp is the real deal! Yes, the crispy coating is made from finely chopped fresh popped popcorn for a twist on this classic shrimp dish they'll flip over!
What You'll Need
- 5 cups plain popped popcorn
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pound large shrimp (21-25 count) peeled and deveined, with tails on
- 1 cup vegetable oil
What to Do
In a food processor, process popcorn to a coarse powder; place in a shallow dish.
In another shallow dish, combine flour, ground red pepper, salt, and black pepper; mix well. In a third shallow dish, combine eggs and water; mix well.
Dredge shrimp in flour mixture and shake off excess. Dip shrimp into egg mixture then press into popcorn, turning to coat both sides.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Fry coated shrimp in batches 30 seconds per side, until coating is golden and shrimp are pink. Serve immediately.
For more circus fun, visiting www.ringling.com.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.