Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 Hr 45 Min
- COOK TIME
- 7 Min
These Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp sound fancy, but they're not hard and they're so, so delicious! Open wide for these babies. You're gonna love 'em!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vermouth
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 jumbo fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 (6-inch) wooden skewers
- 16 (1-inch by 8-inch) slices prosciutto
What to Do
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag. Add shrimp; seal bag, and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning once.
- Meanwhile, soak wooden skewers in water to cover at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to broil. Remove shrimp from marinade, discarding marinade. Wrap 1 piece prosciutto around each shrimp. Thread 2 shrimp onto each skewer. Place skewers on rack of a lightly greased broiler pan. Broil 5-1/2 inches from heat 7 to 9 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once.
Vermouth imparts such a distinctive flavor that I'd rather not offer a substitute, so this is an adults-only recipe, folks. Also, be careful not to marinate the shrimp too long-it'll make 'em tough.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Chocolate Caramel Cookies are simple, decadent, and sinfully good. With each bite, you get the buttery texture from the shortbread, the ooey-gooey pull from the caramel, and the richness from the chocolate. In short, they're a real treat!