Quick as a Wink Shrimp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Ding dong? The doorbell is ringing and you need an appetizer in a flash! You can make this from start to finish in about 10 minutes. Is that quick enough?!
What You'll Need
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) butter
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound medium-sized raw shrimp, shelled, with tails left on, and deveined (20 to 25 shrimp per pound)
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat until melted. Add Italian seasoning, brown sugar, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper. Stir in shrimp and stir-fry 4 to 5 minutes, until shrimp turns pink. Do not overcook or the shrimp will be tough.
- Place shrimp on a serving dish and pour sauce from the skillet over it. Serve immediately.
Shrimp are often sold according to the count per pound. I like to buy the ones that come 16 to 20 per pound or 20 to 25 per pound, but here's a great way to take advantage of whichever size is on sale.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for a crowd pleaser, look no further than our all-time favorite Chocolate Chip Cheesecake. The creamy filling between two layers of chocolate chip cookie dough make this a heavenly treat that no one can resist. Don't be surprised when they reach for two of these chocolate chip cheesecake bars!