We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Calling all seafood lovers! Grab a spoon and a package of oyster crackers, 'cause this one's what fishermen call "good eatin"!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 cups (1 pint) half-and-half
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) whole oysters, drained and liquid reserved
- 1 can (12 ounces) tuna in water, drained and liquid reserved
- 1 cup uncooked long- or whole-grain rice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cooked shrimp, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- In a 6-quart soup pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat and sauté the mushrooms and onions for 6 to 7 minutes, or until the onion is golden. Add the reserved liquid from the oysters and tuna, and the half-and-half. Bring to a boil then add the rice, cover, and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until the rice is tender. Stir in the oysters, tuna, and shrimp and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes, or until heated through. Sprinkle with the parsley just before serving.
You can substitute whole or chopped clams for the oysters, if you prefer.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Chocolate Caramel Cookies are simple, decadent, and sinfully good. With each bite, you get the buttery texture from the shortbread, the ooey-gooey pull from the caramel, and the richness from the chocolate. In short, they're a real treat!