We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
By mixing butter, lemon juice, and seasonings with bread crumbs, we get a rich topping for our Seafood Skewers that's sure to have your gang sending their compliments straight to the chef...you!
What You'll Need
- 8 (12-inch) wooden skewers
- 1 1/4 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails left on (see Note)
- 1 1/4 pounds sea scallops
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 20 minutes. Preheat the broiler.
- Alternately skewer shrimp and scallops on each skewer and place on a broiler pan or rimmed baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Spread half of the crumb mixture evenly on top side of shrimp and scallops; broil for 3 minutes.
- Turn skewers and spread remaining crumb mixture over the top. Broil for 3 minutes, or until scallops are no longer translucent and shrimp are pink. Serve immediately.
Jumbo or colossal shrimp should be used here. Shrimp are classified according to the number there are in a pound. There are 21 to 25 jumbo shrimp to a pound and 13-15 colossal shrimp to a pound.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potato pancakes are a symbolic and scrumptious treat commonly made for Hanukkah. Not only are they super crispy and really tasty, but thanks to the pre-shredded potatoes you can find at your favorite supermarket, these Simple Shredded Potato Pancakes are, well, simple to make!