We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Any time you see the word "Creole" on a recipe, you know it will pack a tasty zing, and this Shrimp Creole does not disappoint. Make it in honor of Kwanzaa or whenever you want a flavorful shrimp dish.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 cups cooked white rice
What to Do
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, green pepper, tomatoes, garlic, salt, and pepper; simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and hot sauce, and cook 2 to 4 minutes, or until shrimp turn pink. Serve immediately over hot rice.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 395
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13g 20 %
- Saturated Fat 7.5g 38 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 21g 43 %
- Cholesterol 173mg 58 %
- Sodium 1,700mg 71 %
- Total Carbohydrates 46g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.2g 21 %
- Sugars 6.8g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
French toast typically means sticky hands and mouths (and lots of napkins!), but with our recipe for Maple French Toast Sticks you don't have to worry about that 'cause the flavorings and the rich maple syrup are already cooked in!