We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A Louisiana friend shared her recipe with me, and I've come up with a few shortcuts. What a simple way to take a trip to America's fine food center.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 jar (16 ounces) medium chunky salsa
- 2 cans (4-1/4 ounces each) broken shrimp, undrained
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat; add the onion and green pepper and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients, reduce the heat, and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve over hot cooked rice. For a true New Orleans taste, add one 14-1/2-ounce can of okra after sauteing the veggies.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've got a hungry family, but not a whole lot of time, then this Quick-as-a-Wink Pasta recipe is just what you need. In about 15 minutes you can whip up this flavorful dish that's loaded with sausage, peppers, and onions. Just wait till you take your first bite!