We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you've had a hankering for a Mexican feast, then you'll love this seafood twist on a restaurant favorite. Our recipe for Shrimp Rellenos uses our signature "Quick & Easy" style to bring you a Mexican-style dinner in under 30 minutes. And with a smattering of veggies thrown in the mix, you can feel good about eating this meal.
What You'll Need
- 3 (4-ounce) cans whole green chilies
- 6 cups water
- 3/4 pound unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp (see note)
- 1 small red apple, diced
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
What to Do
- Cut green chilies lengthwise on 1 side; remove and discard seeds. Drain well on paper towels.
- Bring 6 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan; add shrimp, and cook 3 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Drain and rinse with cold water. Chill.
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired. Dice shrimp.
- Stir together shrimp, diced apple, and next 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Spoon shrimp mixture evenly into green chilies, and arrange on mixed salad greens.
Note: You can save on prep time by asking your fishmonger to steam and peel the shrimp for you.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've got a hungry family, but not a whole lot of time, then this Quick-as-a-Wink Pasta recipe is just what you need. In about 15 minutes you can whip up this flavorful dish that's loaded with sausage, peppers, and onions. Just wait till you take your first bite!