Shrimp with Feta Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Can you guess which cheese is a favorite flavor enhancer in many, many dishes? Here's a hint: It's a star in this dish. You guessed it... feta cheese! This Shrimp with Feta Cheese dish brings out the best of the flavors in both the shrimp and the cheese. You can't miss with this dish!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound unpeeled large fresh shrimp
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can Italian-style tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup clam juice or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
What to Do
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired; set shrimp aside.
- Cook green onions and parsley in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until onion is tender. Stir in tomatoes and next 3 ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to Broil. Add clam juice to vegetable mixture; cook 5 more minutes. Pour mixture into 7- x 11-inch baking dish; set aside.
- Cook shrimp in butter in a small skillet over medium heat 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Spoon shrimp over sauce in baking dish; sprinkle with wine, oregano, and cheese. Broil 5-1/2 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 5 minutes. Spoon into individual bowls. Serve with crusty French bread.
I have a weak spot for feta cheese and tomatoes, and I think I've found the perfect dish to show 'em off! Ladle the shrimp into soup bowls to catch all the flavorful juices that are released as the mixture cooks. Serve it over rice, pasta, or just with bread to enjoy all of the sauce!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've got a hungry family, but not a whole lot of time, then this Quick-as-a-Wink Pasta recipe is just what you need. In about 15 minutes you can whip up this flavorful dish that's loaded with sausage, peppers, and onions. Just wait till you take your first bite!