Souped Up Crab Bisque
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
According to the dictionary, bisque is a thick cream soup. According to my family, it's a tasty meal all in one bowl.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups ready-to-use chicken broth
- 3 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups (1 quart) heavy cream
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained and flaked
What to Do
- In a 6-quart soup pot, melt the butter over high heat and sauté the onion, tomato, celery, garlic, and paprika for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the onion is tender. Stir in the flour until well mixed. Add the chicken broth and potatoes and cook for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender. Reduce the heat to low; stir in the cream, then the crabmeat. Simmer for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the soup is hot, stirring occasionally. Do not allow to boil.
For more color, I like to serve this garnished with sliced scallions.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We teamed a pasta salad with a tuna salad to come up with this dish that's summertime-perfect and very budget-friendly. Our Tuna Twist is a new take on an old recipe that's great for a light summer dinner. Or you can take this tuna pasta salad to a picnic or potluck (where it'll be the first thing to disappear!).