We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our favorite way to make clams is this recipe for Steamers! We've got a steamed clam recipe that is sure to bring dinner out of its shell. Easy to make, and fresh as can be, these steamers will be the best thing you eat all week. Just make sure there's plenty of melted butter to go around!
What You'll Need
- Water, broth or wine
- 2 dozen raw clams in shell, rinsed
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) of butter, melted
What to Do
- In a large steamer or soup pot, bring 2 to 3 inches of water, broth, or wine to a boil.
- Place clams in steamer basket; cover loosely and steam 8 to 10 minutes, or until the clams open up. Discard any clams that do not open.
- Remove clams from the pot and place in a large bowl. Serve with small bowls of melted butter for dipping.
Test Kitchen Tips
- Have any unused clam broth after making these? That can be the start of a rich-flavored clam chowder.
- Looking for more fantastic clam recipes? We've got you covered! Try our Clams Pomodoro for a delicious seafood dinner. And don't miss our Clams Scampi; it's Howard's favorite!
- Our all-time favorite recipe to eat beachside is our Skillet Clambake. It's a classic seafood favorite the whole family will go nuts for!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
They say everything's bigger in Texas, which must be why this casserole is so big on taste! Our Texas Broccoli and Rice Casserole is creamy, cheesy, and oh-so-easy. It's perfect alongside anything from Texas brisket to your favorite chicken dinner!