Stir Fried Chinese Scallops
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Chinese stir-fry cooking sure is quick! And with this sure-fire winner, you'll think you're in Shanghai in no time.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 1/4 pounds scallops
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 large head Napa or Chinese cabbage, cleaned and sliced crosswise
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
What to Do
In a large skillet or wok, heat peanut oil over medium-high heat. Add scallops and garlic and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes. Add onion and cabbage and stir fry an additional 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion and cabbage are slightly tender, but still firm.
- In a small bowl, combine water, soy sauce, sesame oil, and pepper. Whisk cornstarch into mixture until smooth, then add to skillet. Mix well and cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes, until sauce is thickened and scallops are cooked through. Serve immediately.
People often ask us which scallops we recommend. We don't, because it really depends on what you prefer. Have fun doing your own taste tests!