Tequila Lime Shrimp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 Hr 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 6 Min
Looking for a meal that'll zest up the party? We gotcha covered with this Tequila Lime Shrimp! Trust us, this one's a hit every time!
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 pounds unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 (12-inch) metal skewers
What to Do
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails intact; devein, if desired. Combine oil and remaining 7 ingredients in a bowl; stir in shrimp. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Remove shrimp from marinade, discarding marinade. Thread 9 shrimp onto each skewer. (Thread tail and neck of each shrimp onto skewers so shrimp will lie flat.)
- Spray cold grill rack with cooking spray; preheat the grill over medium-high heat (350 degrees to 400 degrees). Place skewers on rack; grill, uncovered, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink.
This adults-only shrimp can be baked instead of grilled, if you'd rather. Just preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Remove the shrimp from marinade, discarding marinade. Place the shrimp in an ungreased 10-inch by 15-inch rimmed baking sheet, and bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.