Hillbilly Baked Beans
This amazing recipe is also known as hobo beans. Whatever its name, we just call it "delicious!"
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Nothing is more down-home than the wonderful flavors of backwoods country cooking, so it's only fitting that these Hillbilly Baked Beans are one of our most popular slow cooker potluck recipes. They can even be reheated on a grill for a smoky taste that can't be beat! We're certain that our Hillbilly Baked Beans will be your favorite baked bean recipe after just one bite.
These delicious slow cooker baked beans are also known as hobo beans. We're not sure where either name comes from, but we expect it has something to do with the delicious flavors that everyone expects from country cooking. These homestyle beans are a great reminder that the tastiest recipes often don't come from the fanciest places. These Hillbilly Baked Beans, or hobo beans, will satisfy everyone from hungry farmers to hungry guests.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound ground chuck
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15-1/2-ounce) can butter beans, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can pork and beans, not drained
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
What to Do
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine meat, onion, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, and water; mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients and cover.
- Cook on HIGH 4 hours or on LOW 6 hours. Serve immediately.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tips!
- If you're having a backyard barbecue, you can serve or reheat these in a foil pan or cast iron skillet on your grill. And you can make these in the oven, too. Just put the mixture in a 3-quart casserole dish, cover, and cook in a 350 degree oven about 1-1/2 hours, or until hot and bubbly.
- As we mention above, some people call this dish hobo beans! Whether you make hobo beans with kielbasa or onion soup, we bet they'll be a delicious addition to your table.
- Craving even more baked beans recipes? Click here to check out our collection of 8 Easy Baked Beans Recipes!
- For even more slow cooker recipes download our free eCookbook, Slow Cookin' Magic: 28 Scrumptious Slow Cooker Recipes!
- Looking for something to grill with your baked beans? Check out these amazing Foil Dinners for Oven, Grill, or Campfire!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These tender Fall-off-the-Bone Short Ribs get their flavor from our secret ingredient that's sure to surprise you! Wanna know what it is? A crumbled slice of Pumpernickle bread! This recipe is a hearty, stick-to-your ribs recipe (no pun intended) that is perfect anytime of the year!