Mama's Cheesy Chicken 'n' Broccoli Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 1/4 cups per serving
- COOK TIME
- 4 Hr
It's a slow cookin' kind of day with this easy chicken casserole recipe. Just prep ingredients, toss 'em in the slow cooker and relax. Mama's Cheesy Chicken 'n' Broccoli Casserole packs lots of home-cooked flavor without much of a fuss.
What You'll Need
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen broccoli florets
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup crushed buttery crackers (about 20)
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine noodles, 2 cups cheese, and remaining ingredients except crushed crackers, stirring well. Spoon into a 5-quart slow cooker that's been coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and cook on LOW 4 hours.
- Combine remaining 1 cup cheese and the cracker crumbs. Uncover slow cooker and sprinkle crumb mixture over casserole. Cover and cook on LOW 30 more minutes.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- Carefully remove lid at end of cooking so condensation doesn't run into casserole and make the crumbs soggy.
- Kick it up! You can also add a Southwestern flair to this casserole by substituting condensed cheddar cheese soup and cheddar cheese with habanero peppers for the cream of chicken soup and sharp cheddar cheese.
- For more delicious casseroles, try our Amish Chicken Casserole, our Country Corn Casserole, or our Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
What could be better on a cold winter night than a skillet supper bursting with the hearty flavors of smoked sausage and cabbage? Nothing! And few can beat the ease of our Skillet Sausage 'n' Cabbage. This cabbage recipe is the perfect fill-you-up one-pot meal option for chilly autumn and winter evenings. Even the pickiest members of your family won't be able to resist this classic. The hearty combination of cabbage and sausage will keep you warm and satisfied, which is one of the reasons people love cabbage and sausage dinner recipes in the winter. Oh, it's so comforting!