Mama's Cheesy Chicken 'n' Broccoli Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 1/4 cups per serving
- COOK TIME
- 4 Hr
It's a slow cookin' kind of day with this easy chicken casserole recipe. Just prep ingredients, toss 'em in the slow cooker and relax. Mama's Cheesy Chicken 'n' Broccoli Casserole packs lots of home-cooked flavor without much of a fuss.
What You'll Need
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen broccoli florets
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup crushed buttery crackers (about 20)
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine noodles, 2 cups cheese, and remaining ingredients except crushed crackers, stirring well. Spoon into a 5-quart slow cooker that's been coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and cook on LOW 4 hours.
- Combine remaining 1 cup cheese and the cracker crumbs. Uncover slow cooker and sprinkle crumb mixture over casserole. Cover and cook on LOW 30 more minutes.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- Carefully remove lid at end of cooking so condensation doesn't run into casserole and make the crumbs soggy.
- Kick it up! You can also add a Southwestern flair to this casserole by substituting condensed cheddar cheese soup and cheddar cheese with habanero peppers for the cream of chicken soup and sharp cheddar cheese.
- For more delicious casseroles, try our Amish Chicken Casserole, our Country Corn Casserole, or our Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for a Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream recipe, that's perfect to cool you off during the warmer summer months, then you've come to the right place. Not only is this strawberry ice cream recipe fresh as can be, but with only four simple ingredients, is easy as can be too! Using ripe and juicy strawberries, you'll bring it together with some condensed milk, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. It doesn't get much easier--or summertime sweeter--than that!