Slow Cooker Apple Bread Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Imagine making an old-fashioned comforting Apple Bread Pudding in a slow cooker!What an easy way to make a from-scratch favorite! This prize-winning Slow Cooker Apple Bread Pudding delivers tasty rewards without a lot of hands on time.
What You'll Need:
- 8 slices white bread, cut into cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 cups peeled and chopped cooking apples
- Whipped cream for garnish
What To Do:
1. In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and brown sugar; mix well.
2. In a 4-quart slow cooker, starting with the bread mixture, alternate layers with the chopped apples.
3. Cover and cook on high setting 1-1/2 hours or low setting 3 to 4 hours, or until apples are tender. Serve warm with whipped cream.
- Served warm with ice cream...need we say more?! And if you'd like, you can add a drizzle of caramel topping, 1/2 cup raisins or nuts for an extra special flavor.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Believe it or not, this Chinese Cabbage 'n' Chicken Salad is a favorite in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen. It's requested at least once a month and devoured within the lunch hour. Most of us agree that it's the homemade Asian-style dressing that really makes this recipe amazing, but we'll leave it up to you to be the judge!