Slow Cooker Baked Ziti
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This easy Slow Cooker Baked Ziti is a perfect meal for those busy weeknights. With slow cooker pasta bakes like this, you get to enjoy a delicious, hearty meal with very little work. Our Slow Cooker Baked Ziti is ideal for busy families, or just anyone who loves a comforting meal that practically cooks itself.
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) package ziti, uncooked
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 (24-ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- Chopped fresh parsley for sprinkling
What to Do
- Coat a 5-quart or larger slow cooker with cooking spray. Rinse uncooked pasta, drain, and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage, onion, and garlic 6 to 8 minutes or until browned; drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, eggs, 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and oregano; mix well.
- In the slow cooker, layer 2 cups sauce on the bottom, top with half the sausage mixture, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, half the ziti, and half the ricotta mixture. Repeat layers one more time. Top with remaining sauce and remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese on top.
- Cover and cook on low 4 to 5 hours, or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Test Kitchen Tip
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Believe it or not, this Chinese Cabbage 'n' Chicken Salad is a favorite in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen. It's requested at least once a month and devoured within the lunch hour. Most of us agree that it's the homemade Asian-style dressing that really makes this recipe amazing, but we'll leave it up to you to be the judge!