Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You don't need a grill to make tender, fall-off-the-bone ribs. Let your slow cooker do all the work while you kick back and relax with your gang. These are some of the best ribs you'll ever taste and sure to be a hit any night of the week!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 pounds baby back ribs, cut into individual ribs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and onions, mix well and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well. Rub the seasoning mixture over the ribs, coating thoroughly.
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat the oil; brown ribs in batches 3 to 4 minutes, turning once. Place ribs in slow cooker and pour barbecue sauce over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low setting 7 to 8 hours, or until ribs are fork-tender. Serve with sauce.
If you want your ribs to be cooked sooner, just set your slow cooker to high and they'll be done in 4 to 5 hours.
- We usually serve these up with a side of our Award Winning Mashed Potatoes -- delicious!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.