Spicy Sausage, Hominy, and Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's amazing how many flavors you can find at the supermarket these days for canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, and now sausage! Look for this particular sausage or other favorites at your local supermarket.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups water
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with lime and cilantro, undrained
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can white hominy, drained
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen seasoning blend
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 (12-ounce) package chicken sausages with habanero chilies and tequila, sliced
- 1/2 cup uncooked converted long-grain rice
What to Do
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 1hour. Reduce heat to LOW setting, and cook 4 hours.
- Increase heat to HIGH setting; add rice, and cook 1 hour or until rice is tender.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.