Spirited Apple Butter
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Spirited Apple Butter has all of the tastes of the holiday season, but you can eat it whenever you'd like and make it the "most wonderful time of year" year-round! It's perfect for slathering over toast or on biscuits.
What You'll Need
- 3 pounds Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brandy (see note)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
What to Do
- Combine all ingredients in a 3- or 3-1/2-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 8 hours, or until apples are falling apart. Mash apple mixture; cool. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Craving apple butter even sooner? Set your slow cooker to HIGH and cook for 3 hours, or until apples are falling apart.
- This apple butter can be stored in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
- If you'd prefer not to use brandy, then substitute 2 tablespoons apple cider.