Crispy Avocado Wedges
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Crispy Avocado Wedges are a summer-fresh way to enjoy something crispy-crunchy. They're also a healthier alternative to french fries. Serve them with our homemade cilantro dipping sauce and you've got yourself a tasty snack (or side dish) that can't be beat!
What You'll Need:
- CILANTRO DIPPING SAUCE
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- AVOCADO FRIES
- 4 firm avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Cooking spray
What To Do:
- In a blender, combine Cilantro Dipping Sauce ingredients; pulse until smooth and creamy. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, place avocado slices and drizzle with lime juice; toss gently.
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper; mix well. In another shallow dish, whisk eggs and water. In a third shallow dish, combine bread crumbs and paprika; mix well.
- Dip each avocado slice in flour mixture, egg mixture, and bread crumb mixture, coating evenly on all sides. Place on baking sheet. Lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden and crispy. Serve with Cilantro Dipping Sauce.
Looking for more great ideas using fruits and veggies? Visit www.delmonte.com.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.