Crispy Jack O' Lanterns
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Dress up your crispy rice balls with spooky faces! This great Halloween recipe for Crispy Jack O' Lanterns is sure to bring out the kid in every member of your household!
What You'll Need
- 1 (10-ounce) package marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Yellow and red food colors
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 8 small Tootsie Rolls, unwrapped
- Assorted candies and cake decorating gels
What to Do
- Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large nonstick pot, combine marshmallows and butter over medium-low heat and cook for 5 minutes, or until melted and smooth. Remove pot from heat and add one drop at a time each of red and yellow food color until mixture reaches desired orange hue. Add cereal; stir until combined.
- Coat your hands with cooking spray then shape cereal mixture into 8 same-sized balls; place on prepared baking sheet and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Press a Tootsie Roll into the top of each cereal ball to form stems. Using candies and/or decorating gel, make a jack-o'-lantern face on each crispy rice ball. Serve immediately, or cover loosely until ready to serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 256
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8g 7 %
- Saturated Fat 2.9g 14 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 2.2g 4 %
- Cholesterol 12mg 4 %
- Sodium 187mg 8 %
- Total Carbohydrates 53g 18 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1 %
- Sugars 26g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.