Fruit Roll Sushi
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Let's make sushi! Not a fan of sushi? No worries. Today Howard is making a fun and fruity way to enjoy an iconic Japanese dish while you watch the summer games. This sweet and crunchy twist on traditional sushi is sure to be a hit with adults and kids alike. So, gather around the table and get rolling!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 marshmallows
- 2 cups crispy toasted rice cereal
- 4 (4-1/2-inch) square fruit roll-ups (1/2 ounce each)
- 6 assorted licorice or fruit twist sticks, cut in half crosswise
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat and stir in cereal until completely coated.
- On a flat surface, unroll fruit roll-ups. Spread equal amounts of cereal mixture over each roll-up, covering entire surface and packing mixture flat.
- Place 3 different-colored licorice or fruit twists in center of each and roll tightly into a log, sealing where edges meet. Squeeze rolls gently to secure. Using a serrated knife, trim ends and slice into 1-inch pieces. Serve, or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- To give your snacks the most variety and color, use different-colored and -flavored fruit roll-ups and licorice or fruit twist sticks. And if you can't find different-colored licorice, you can even use gummy worms.
- Need more homemade desserts for the kids? Try our Dirty Cups!
- Plus, for more kid-friendly recipes, check out our collection for Throwback Peanut Butter and Jelly Recipes.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for a crowd pleaser, look no further than our all-time favorite Chocolate Chip Cheesecake. The creamy filling between two layers of chocolate chip cookie dough make this a heavenly treat that no one can resist. Don't be surprised when they reach for two of these chocolate chip cheesecake bars!