We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This easy snack recipe is sure to put a pep in your step. Why? Because we're cooking with espresso! These Java Nuts are a fun and creative way to serve up beautiful coffee flavors, just in time for the holidays. With hints of cinnamon and a special saltiness, they make the perfect pass around at your next holiday party, or something extra thoughtful to give as a delectable homemade gift. When a recipe is this simple, tasty, and unique, you can't go wrong!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso granules
- 4 cups walnut halves
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, and salt; mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg white and espresso granules until dissolved and frothy. Fold nuts into coffee mixture and toss until evenly coated. Sprinkle nuts with sugar mixture and mix until evenly coated. Spread on baking sheet.
- Bake 5 minutes, stir nuts, and continue baking 5 more minutes or until they’re dry to the touch.
- Remove from oven, loosen walnuts from baking sheet, and let cool. Store in an airtight container.
Mr.Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- In case you’re not familiar with Espresso powder, it’s a very strong granulated coffee used to make Espresso. You can find it in your local market along with all the other coffee.
- If you're looking for even more delicious coffee recipes, try our Chocolate Cappuccino Cookies, or our Cookie 'n' Coffee Brownies!
- These Coffee Shop Cranberry Bars are a copycat recipe of your favorite coffee shop dessert!
- Try our tasty Mocha Frosting to give your next cake that extra something special.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
The sweet flavors are start here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Freshly squeezed orange juice helps turn these Double-Orange Glazed Cookies into a tasty, sunny treat that they won't be able to stop snackin' on. Bake these "doubly-orangey-good" cookies when you're looking for a sunshine-y way to brighten up your gang!