We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you like crispy-fried onion strings, like the kind that are popular in restaurants, then you'll love this 5-ingredient recipe for easy, homemade, Onion Strings. They're simple to make, but the end results will leave you feeling like a restaurant chef. Whether you make them for tasty nibbling or as a main dish topper, these onion strings are always a hit! We consider them a simple yet fancy way to say ..."OHH IT'S SO GOOD!!"
What You'll Need
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Place onion rings in flour, coat well, then carefully place in hot oil.
- Fry onions 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate, and serve immediately.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- These Onion Strings are yummy as is, but you can sprinkle them with salt before serving, if you'd like.
- Use these to fancy up a juicy steak, top off a chef's salad (instead of croutons), or however else you like!
- And if you love fried onions any which way, then be sure to check out our recipe for Crispy Buttermilk Onion Rings too!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
French toast typically means sticky hands and mouths (and lots of napkins!), but with our recipe for Maple French Toast Sticks you don't have to worry about that 'cause the flavorings and the rich maple syrup are already cooked in!