Our Own Donuts
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mr. Food's own recipe for an American classic will save you money, time and fuss. Just fry and serve your own donuts!
What You'll Need
- Vegetable oil
- 1 (7.5-ounces) package refrigerated country-style biscuits (10 biscuits)
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
What to Do
- In a soup pot, heat 1 inch of oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Separate biscuits and lay flat on cutting board. Using an apple corer or a plastic soda bottle cap, cut out a small circle in center of each biscuit, forming rings.
- Place rings and "holes" in hot oil a few at a time and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden, turning halfway through cooking.
- Drain donuts on paper towel-lined platter. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve immediately.
How about sprinkling these with cinnamon or drizzling with melted chocolate or a sugar glaze? You can even coat them with frosting then top with rainbow sprinkles!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you want a lemony-herb fish dish, that's packed with flavor and easy to make, then you've got to try our All-American Fish-in-Foil. We used catfish, because it's firm enough to stay together and delicate enough to wrap it in foil. It's a perfectly seasoned, easy-as-can be dinner that you're going to love to share with family and friends.