30-Minute Clam Chowder
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you love clam chowder but hate to wait, then you'll love this version that comes together in no time at all. In just 3 steps and 30-minutes, you'll have the classic creamy taste of an easy chowder recipe bubbling on your stove. 30-Minute Clam Chowder is one that can't be missed!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (6.5-ounce) cans chopped clams, undrained
- 2 (8-ounce) bottles clam juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups (1 pint) half-and-half
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium heat, melt butter. Saute celery and onion 5 minutes, or until tender. Add clams, clam juice, chicken broth, potato, pepper, and thyme; cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, and cook covered, 12 to 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. In a bowl, dissolve cornstarch in half-and-half; add to soup.
- Cook 5 minutes, or until thickened, stirring frequently.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which makes it a great time to encourage everyone you love to get screened and spread the word. Another way to help is to raise money towards breast cancer research by hosting a bake sale. Our Pink Velvet Truffles are a rich-tasting treat that they'll love!