Artichoke and Fennel Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The combination of flavors from the fennel and artichoke is so fabulous, I could hardly believe my taste buds the first time I tried it! You've gotta taste it for yourself...
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and coarsely chopped (see Note)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 (14-ounce) cans ready-to-use chicken broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, liquid reserved, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
What to Do
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Sauté the fennel for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender. Add the garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden. Stir in the chicken broth.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Add the artichoke hearts and reserved liquid; cook for 5 more minutes.
- Carefully place the soup in a blender or food processor in batches and purèe until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pot and slowly stir in the cream. Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes; do not allow to boil. Serve immediately.
Fennel bulbs can be found in the supermarket produce department at most times of the year. Oh - a perfect way to use the green leaves on top of the fennel bulb is to chop 2 to 3 tablespoons of it and add it to this soup for a splash of color. Garnish each serving with additional leaves, if desired.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 218
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18g 28 %
- Saturated Fat 7.8g 39 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 4.3g 9 %
- Cholesterol 41mg 14 %
- Sodium 1,073mg 45 %
- Total Carbohydrates 11g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.9g 8 %
- Sugars 1.3g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Nothing is more welcoming than a big pot of soup at the end of a long day, and with our recipe for Potato Corn Soup you can whip up a bowl of comfort anytime you want. It takes just about 30 minutes to get this soup on your dinner table, which makes it weeknight-friendly, too!