Beanie Weenie Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Many of us remember happily eating this classic combination of baked beans and hot dogs as children. Well, now you can relive a childhood favorite or serve it to kids of your own with our recipe for Beanie Weenie Soup!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 (16-ounce) cans baked beans, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 pound hot dogs, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
What to Do
- Melt the butter in a soup pot over high heat. Add the onion and sauté until golden, stirring frequently.
- Add the remaining ingredients; mix well and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- If desired, top each portion with Cheddar cheese just before serving.
Depending on the type of baked beans you use, you may need to add additional water or cook this a little longer to get it to the perfect soup consistency. A great go-along for this would be to split hot dog buns in half then top with garlic butter and broil until golden.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The novel tang of prepared horseradish adds a flavorful spark to this comforting brisket recipe. Whether for a make-ahead, welcoming, weeknight supper or for a company meal, the result is always juicy, tender, and tasty.