The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Comfort Food for the Soul: 40 of Our Best Stews and Easy Soup Recipes
Beefy Onion Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
This beefed-up version of a classic onion soup gets its heartiness from beef chuck steak. Served with or without traditional cheesy-crusted French bread, it is company-fancy yet weeknight-easy!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 8 medium-sized onions, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound boneless beef chuck steak, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 4 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed beef broth
What to Do
- Melt the butter in a 6-quart pressure cooker and add the onions; sprinkle with the salt and pepper and sauté over high heat for 10 to 12 minutes, uncovered, or until the onions are golden. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the beef and brown, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in the broth. Lock the lid in place and bring to full pressure over high heat. When the pressure regulator begins to rock, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes.
- Cool the cooker at once by placing under cold running water until steam no longer escapes from the vent and the pressure is completely reduced.
- Remove the lid. Return the onions to the pot and heat over medium heat, uncovered, until the onions are warmed through.
Note: For an easy traditional cheese topping, place a slice of Swiss cheese on top of each of 4 to 6 slices of French bread and broil in a toaster oven until the cheese melts. Carefully place each piece of bread over a bowl of soup and serve immediately.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lemon-Caper Fish Fillets
Did you know fish is the ultimate fast food? We're not talking about the stuff you get at a drive thru. These sunny-tasting fish fillets cooks up in just 8 minutes! You read that right. Our Lemon-Capers Fish Fillets combine lemon juice and the tangy flavor of capers to add just the right amount of "wow" to this easy dinner recipe!