Black Bean Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
On a cool day, you could hang a sign outside your kitchen that says "Today's Special: Black Bean Soup." And when your family comes running to the table, they're gonna need big bowls, 'cause a cup of this soup just isn't enough!
What You'll Need
- 2 (10-1/2-ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 4 (15-ounce) cans black beans, undrained
- 1 (16-ounce) jar salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
What to Do
- In a soup pot, combine broth, water, and onion over medium heat. Cook 5 minutes, or until the onions are tender, then reduce the heat to medium-low.
- In a blender, puree 2 cans of the black beans with their liquid until smooth. Add to the soup pot along with the remaining undrained beans.
- Stir in salsa and cumin, and simmer 10 minutes, or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
Garnish each bowl with a dollop of sour cream or some shredded Monterey Jack cheese and jalapeño pepper slices.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.