Butternut Squash & Apple Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When the weather gets chilly there's nothing like a comforting bowl of soup to warm you up! And, lucky for you, we've got a homemade soup that's perfect for the season. Our creamy Butternut Squash & Apple Soup is an easy twist on the classic butternut soup recipe you've made all your life. The chopped apple and bit of cinnamon add the perfect touch of spice and sweetness.
What You'll Need
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 4 cups fresh cubed butternut squash
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 apples, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium heat, melt butter; sauté squash, onion, and apple 8 to 10 minutes or until squash is tender.
- In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Add the spice mixture to the pot and stir to combine. Now add the broth, turn the heat to high, and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low; simmer 30 minutes.
- Carefully pour mixture into a blender and puree until smooth. Place mixture back in the pot and stir in half and half. Heat an additional 5 minutes or until heated through.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tips!
- We like to top these with either store-bought or homemade croutons. And if you have an immersion blender, this would be a great time to dig it out and use it, rather than having to pour this into your blender.
- Check out Our Best Butternut Squash Recipes!
- Our Butternut Squash Fritters are the perfect side dish during the fall season.
- If you can't get enough soup, try one of these Sensational Soup Recipes!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Warm up with these tasty soups!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 261
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 13g 20 %
- Saturated Fat 7.9g 39 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 5.0g 10 %
- Cholesterol 35mg 12 %
- Sodium 708mg 29 %
- Total Carbohydrates 37g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.5g 14 %
- Sugars 11g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lemon custard pie was one of Honest Abe's favorites. His first taste of it came from Nancy Breedlove, the owner of a hotel he frequently stayed at. He loved her lemon custard pie so much, he asked her to share the recipe. Our version may not be exactly the one that's been used at the White House for years since, but it's still amazing!