Cheeseboard Onion Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We took your ordinary French onion soup recipe and turned it into something extraordinary with this Cheeseboard Onion Soup. You see, we love cheese so much, that we had to include not one but three different kinds in this one that's sure to be a hit!
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 large onions, thinly sliced
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 6 (1-inch) slices French bread, toasted
- 1 pear, cut into wedges and sliced very thinly
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add onions and cook 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden, stirring occasionally.
- Add beef broth, salt, and black pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, stir in Parmesan cheese and wine, and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and soup is heated through.
- Preheat broiler. Top each slice of bread with pear slices, a slice of mozzarella cheese, and a slice of Swiss cheese. (Stack the cheese slices crisscross.)
- Place broiler safe soup crocks on a baking sheet. Pour soup into crocks and top each with a slice of pear-and-cheese-topped bread. Broil 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 672
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 26g 39 %
- Saturated Fat 15g 76 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 33g 66 %
- Cholesterol 74mg 25 %
- Sodium 1,980mg 82 %
- Total Carbohydrates 77g 26 %
- Dietary Fiber 6.4g 25 %
- Sugars 13g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.