Chicken Burrito Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Yes, it's true, hot foods and spices do help our bodies naturally cool down. Our zesty south-of-the-border Chicken Burrito Soup might do just that, plus it's a fiesta for your taste buds.
What You'll Need
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 (16-ounce) jar salsa
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into ½-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 4 (6-inch) flour tortillas, cut into 1/4-x 3-inch strips
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) finely shredded Cheddar cheese
What to Do
- In a soup pot, bring chicken broth, water, and salsa to a boil over high heat.
- Add chicken and cook 4 to 6 minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken.
- Stir in olives and tortilla strips and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Sprinkle each portion with cheese just before serving.
- This soup can be as mild or spicy as you like, depending on the type of salsa you use. And feel free to substitute chicken thighs for the chicken breasts and shredded Mexican cheese blend for the Cheddar. It's up to you!
- Why not team this up with our Quick Tres Leches for a delicious and authentic dessert!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 144
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5g 8 %
- Saturated Fat 1.7g 9 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 13g 27 %
- Cholesterol 35mg 12 %
- Sodium 1,076mg 45 %
- Total Carbohydrates 9.7g 3 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.0g 4 %
- Sugars 2.0g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Feel-Good Smoothie Bowl features the perfect blend of fresh-from-the-freezer fruit, almond milk and honey. It's a healthier way to start your day, since each bowl is loaded with vitamins and nutrients. And if you top each bowl with a little granola and extra fruit, you'll be adding even more goodness to your morning meal!