Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's nothing more warm and cozy than a big bowl of chicken soup. And when we're looking for a way to add even more heartiness to our bowls, noodles aren't the only option - wild rice is great too! Our Chicken & Wild Rice Soup is a warm-ya-up favorite that's full of flavor.
What You'll Need
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) chicken, cut into quarters
- 4 quarts water
- 2 tablespoons chicken base
- 3 carrots, cut into chunks
- 3 celery stalks, cut into chunks
- 2 onions, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-1/2-ounce) package cooked wild rice
What to Do
- Rinse chicken under cold running water. In a soup pot over medium-high heat, combine all ingredients except wild rice; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer about 1-1/2 hours, or until chicken falls off bones. Cool slightly, then separate chicken from bones, discarding bones. Add chicken pieces and rice to soup, heat for 5 minutes and serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 243
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2g 8 %
- Saturated Fat 1.2g 6 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 36g 72 %
- Cholesterol 100mg 33 %
- Sodium 1,394mg 58 %
- Total Carbohydrates 13g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.9g 8 %
- Sugars 2.8g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.