Chilled Strawberry Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Why not start off a summer meal with this fresh puréed fruit soup? It's cool, refreshing, and it mixes up in a snap!
What You'll Need
- 2 bags (16 ounces each) frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
What to Do
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the strawberries and apple juice concentrate over medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the water and cornstarch, stirring until smooth. Add the cornstarch mixture to the soup pot and stir constantly for 1 minute or until thick and clear.
- Allow to cool, then pour into a blender and purée for 5 to 10 seconds or until the mixture is smooth and frothy.
- Transfer to a large bowl, cover, and chill for 2 hours or until ready to serve. Just before serving, stir in the yogurt.
You can substitute 4 cups of sliced fresh strawberries for the frozen ones if you have fresh berries on hand.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We combined two of our favorite takeout soups into one you can make right at home. Don't rely on the delivery guy to bring you hot soup. You've got everything you need to do it yourself! If you've been looking for an egg drop soup recipe to make right at home, then you've come to the right place. This egg drop soup recipe is so easy, we know you'll be making it all the time.