Chilled Summer Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
One of the simplest pleasures of summer is a refreshing bowl of chilled soup. Whether you make a fruit soup or this super veggie-packed version of Chilled Summer Soup, you'll never break a sweat to make it.
What You'll Need
- 1 quart low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium-sized seedless cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 medium-sized plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions (green onions)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, chicken broth, oil, vinegar, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Using a wire whisk, mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Makes 8 cups soup.
- You can substitute zucchini, red bell pepper, and basil for the cucumber, tomatoes, and dill, or make it your own with any combo of veggies and herbs you're in the mood for!
- If you're looking for more chilled soup recipes, check out 17 Sensational Soup Recipes today!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lemon custard pie was one of Honest Abe's favorites. His first taste of it came from Nancy Breedlove, the owner of a hotel he frequently stayed at. He loved her lemon custard pie so much, he asked her to share the recipe. Our version may not be exactly the one that's been used at the White House for years since, but it's still amazing!