Cream of Peanut Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sauteed vegetables, chicken broth, and seasonings turn a normally sweet ingredient into a potful of savory goodness.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
What to Do
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery; cook, stirring constantly, until tender. Reduce heat to low; add flour, stirring until blended. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add chicken broth and milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Stir in half-and-half and peanut butter; cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add salt and pepper to taste; sprinkle with paprika.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 413
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35g 54 %
- Saturated Fat 13g 64 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 14g 28 %
- Cholesterol 39mg 13 %
- Sodium 586mg 24 %
- Total Carbohydrates 16g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.0g 12 %
- Sugars 6.8g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.