Easy Corn Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Served hot or cold, our Easy Corn Soup is a deliciously simple way of enjoying this tasty grain. It's "corn"-tastic!
What You'll Need
- 12 to 14 ears fresh corn on the cob (about 6 to 7 cups kernels) (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium heat, simmer corn kernels with salt in water 20 minutes, covered, or until corn is very tender. Reserve 2 tablespoons corn for garnish.
- In a blender, puree remaining cooked corn in batches until very smooth. (Use caution when blending hot liquids.)
- Ladle into bowls and serve sprinkled with chives; garnish with reserved corn kernels.
- To remove corn from the cob, cut wide end so it stands up, then using a sharp knife or corn stripper, cut off the kernels.
- If desired, this soup may be served cold. Just chill it by setting a bowl of soup in a larger bowl of ice and cold water and stirring. If soup is too thick, thin with water.
- Looking for more fantastic recipes for spring? Be sure to check out our free recipe collection, Spring Veggie Fever: 25 Mouthwatering Spring Vegetable Recipes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You know your guests already love spinach dip, so how about serving it up to them in a whole new way with this easy, no-cook appetizer recipe? Our Spinach Dip Rollups are so creamy, and the bacon bits really pump up their flavor. Just wait till ya see how fast they'll make 'em disappear!