Egg Noodle Vegetable Chowder
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When they ask for seconds (and maybe even thirds) of this pasta soup, you'll be glad to give it to them, 'cause you'll know it's loaded with lots of good things.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound egg noodles
- 1 cup diagonally sliced celery
- 1 small yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 (10-1/2-ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
What to Do
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook noodles to desired doneness; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine vegetables, milk, and chicken broth. Cover and bring to just under a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in Cheddar cheese, salt and pepper.
- Add noodles to vegetable mixture. Simmer about 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 590
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26g 40 %
- Saturated Fat 15g 75 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 35g 70 %
- Cholesterol 121mg 40 %
- Sodium 1,533mg 64 %
- Total Carbohydrates 54g 18 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.4g 14 %
- Sugars 12g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We know that some of you like to eat a little lighter during the holidays, so we decided to come up with a new dish that's perfect for Christmas dinner. Our Holiday Stuffed Fish Fillets start with some U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets that are perfectly seasoned, and then stuffed with traditional festive flavors. When you top it with the melted butter and bake it off, you'll have a fresh-tasting Christmas dinner that might just become a new yearly tradition.