Garden Pea Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It sure saves time if we don't have to soak dried peas to make pea soup. And substituting imitation bacon bits for fresh bacon cuts way down on the fat.
What You'll Need
- 2 (16 ounce each) packages frozen peas, thawed
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 (10 ½ ounce each) cans condensed beef broth
- 3 tablespoons imitation bacon bits
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon browning and seasoning sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
In a food processor, purée peas and pour into a soup pot. Add water and broth and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmerr 20 to 25 minutes or until soup is thoroughly heated. Serve immediately.
To make this heartier, add some chunks of leftover cooked beef or chicken breast.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Experience some of your favorite Mediterranean flavors with our recipe for Mediterranean Kale Bread. This moist, homemade bread is full of the flavorful tastes of olive oil and feta cheese, making it a super company-fancy choice for your bread basket.