Healthy Slow Cooker Comfort Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for healthy soup recipes that are also hearty enough to bring the family together around the table? Well our Healthy Slow Cooker Comfort Soup is brimming with all sorts of good stuff, like quinoa and beans that are packed with protein, and kale is a yummy source of fiber, while tomatoes are a super antioxidant! Plus, it tastes amazing! It's a hearty, healthier-for-you slow cooker sensation the whole family will love!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (15-ounce) cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cups water
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 pound kale, coarsely chopped
What to Do
- In a 6-quart or larger slow cooker, combine all ingredients except kale.
- Cover and cook on LOW 7 to 8 hours or on HIGH 3 to 4 hours.
- Right before serving, stir in kale and cook 5 minutes or until wilted. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tip
- Looking for more healthy soup recipes to add to your menu? Then you've got to check out our yummy Skinny Soup, this warm-ya-up Saucy White Chili, and one of our favorites, New Year's Soup!
- We've got all the hearty soup recipes you love, made in the ease of your favorite slow cooker! Check out our Super Slow Cooker Soups for a lineup that will last all winter long!
- Need some dippers for your soups? We recommend our Better Buttermilk Biscuits, or if you're feeling a little cheesy, try our Cheddar Drop Biscuits!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 259
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4g 4 %
- Saturated Fat 0.3g 2 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 13g 27 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 632mg 26 %
- Total Carbohydrates 49g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 9.3g 37 %
- Sugars 5.0g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
While we love the hearty, warm-ya-up penne pasta recipes, sometimes, when the weather is warming up, we want to go lighter and brighter. That's what inspired our easy-to-make Pasta Penne Toss! It's a fresh-tasting, one-pot pasta dish that comes together with Kalamata olives and chunked up tomatoes. Plus, since it cooks up in no time, it's the perfect weeknight meal for the family!