Hearty Chicken Gumbo
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A gumbo is really just a hearty Cajun stew. So, when we need to serve something to chase away the cold-weather blues, we know our Hearty Chicken Gumbo is sure to be stick-to-our-ribs satisfying!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 -ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen cut okra, thawed
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a soup pot, brown bacon over medium heat 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden; drain. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Allow to boil 35 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and gumbo has thickened, stirring occasionally.
To add a Louisiana flavor to the gumbo, add some hot pepper sauce just before serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 724
- Calories from Fat 386
- Total Fat 43g 66 %
- Saturated Fat 13g 67 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 59g 119 %
- Cholesterol 232mg 77 %
- Sodium 1,922mg 80 %
- Total Carbohydrates 25g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.2g 21 %
- Sugars 8.6g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We're taking you back to your cafeteria eatin' days with our recipe for Sloppy Joe Biscuit Bake. This easy casserole has so much old-fashioned taste, you're gonna be using the biscuits to soak up every last meaty and flavorful bite. Yum!