Hurry Up Bean Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Once the flavors of this bean soup start to meld together and simmer on the stovetop, your stomach's sure to rumble, and you'll want it to "hurry up." Don't worry though; this easy soup recipe only takes about 30 minutes to cook, so it's easy to cook any time during the week. Serve it up with a side of French bread, and you'll have one tasty meal.
What You'll Need
- 1 (15-1/2-ounce) can white beans
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, cut into bite-sized chunks
What to Do
- In a blender or food processor, process beans, onion, garlic, cumin, and caraway seed until smooth, scraping the sides of the container as necessary.
- Pour the mixture into a large pot, stir in broth and sherry, and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add sausage and cook an additional 15 minutes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Calories 444
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22g 34 %
- Saturated Fat 7.2g 36 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 20g 41 %
- Cholesterol 46mg 15 %
- Sodium 912mg 38 %
- Total Carbohydrates 36g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 7.5g 30 %
- Sugars 2.1g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The great thing about beets is they're available all year long, and while they are quite versatile, pickling them is the most popular way to cook this colorful veggie. So grab a pot, boil some water, and start slicing, 'cause this Amish Pickled Beets recipe is one you won't want to miss!