Italian Tortellini Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We love cooking with tortellini 'cause it's such a simple way to make a meal that much more filling. Our Italian Tortellini Soup is one of those soup recipes you cook up anytime you're looking for a little pick-me-up during dinnertime. It's a stick-to-your-ribs soup recipe that is sure to become a regular during the cold winter months.
What You'll Need
- 3 (14-1/2-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (9-ounce) packages refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini (see note)
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
What to Do
- Bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; add tortellini and next 4 ingredients. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Garnish, if desired, with shredded Parmesan cheese.
Brimming with tortellini and diced tomatoes, this satisfying soup is ready in 25 minutes?no foolin'! Try meat-filled tortellini in place of the cheese-filled tortellini when you want a heartier, stick-to-your-ribs soup.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll impress everyone at the dinner table with this recipe for Grape Stompin' Chicken. The light cream sauce that goes over the chicken breasts is delicious, especially since it's accented with the flavors of fresh grapes and a splash of wine.